Since this is a beauty & lifestyle blog, there will be articles about skin care, hair care and makeup. Regarding this, here is some basic information about my skin and hair.
Hair characteristics :
- Hair color : Dark brown .
- Hair length : Medium length .
- Chemically treated hair ( colored, permed, bleached, brazilian blowout etc. ) : No .
- Hair density : Between Medium & High .
- Hair texture : Thin ( fine strands, prone to tangling ).
- Hair oiliness : Combination hair .
- Hair porosity : Low porosity .
- Curl pattern : Wavy .
- Hair elasticity : High elasticity .
- Hair subcategory : 2 A / shape S .
Skin characteristics :
- Combination skin type – determined by a cosmetologist ( oily – chin & the area around the nose / cheeks & forehead – normal to dry ).
- More on the oily side in summer. In winter, tends to be more dry and even a bit flaky in some places.
- Enlarged pores in the t-zone.
- Prone to clogged pores, blackheads.
- Occasional hormonal breakouts .
- Uneven skin tone .
- Till now, no known allergens, among product ingredients .
- Since I’m in my 20’s , focused as well on anti-aging products.
Facial features, anything important regarding makeup :
- Hooded eyelids
- Warm skin undertone
- Skin tone : light to medium
Every product is used in a course of 2 weeks to 4 weeks, sometimes even longer. Depending on the type of product (e.g. For a daily cleanser – 2 weeks are enough for a review, but for a product with certain ingredients/claims, e.g. a moisturizer with vitamin C – a month at least ). Only exception are products where you can write a review after just one use (e.g. makeup, makeup removers, nose strips, pimple patches, some types of sheet masks etc.) since they usually claim instant results.
Also, I don’t buy products just for the sole purpose of writing a review. Everything is used in my daily skin care routines. I love finding interesting products and experimenting – this blog is mainly a hobby for me.
Every product will have an ingredients list if possible.
The ingredient charts are made with a program on the COSDNA website.*
The main reason I use these charts is so that you can see if a product contains any ingredients to which you’re allergic ( please – don’t get obsessed with the numbers in the acne/safety index columns).
* No longer used since I don’t want to feed people’s delusions.
Random facts :
I don’t fall that easily for brands, cute/fancy packaging, YouTuber & Blogger’s influence or a price tag. I try to educate myself as much as I can, so that I can take care of my skin in the best possible way & age gracefully 😁 . Pretty much, just a chick looking for some good performance in a product. 👧
Apps used for photo editing on this blog are : Prisma, Picasa, Picsart, Picmonkey, Candy Camera and Google Snapseed – all available for free download at Windows/Google Play Store.